This week I was nominated by Kelly at I Am Kelly
for a Liebster Award! I was also nominated back in August by the AMAZING Samantha at Jill of All Trades
, but was dumb and forgot to hit publish on the post. So this is going to be a double whammy. It’s also kind of cool, because I haven’t received a blogging award in years, so it gives me all kinds of warm fuzzies and stuff.
So, I’m taking a pause for a moment from all the seriousness stuffs, to do this fun post.
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?I wanted something that reflected that it was basically my random thoughts, or things of importance, but sounded serious has well. So I started with keywords of what I wanted it to be about, and narrowed it down to ‘Random Writings’. Then I grabbed a thesaurus and looked up synonyms, and ended up with Arbitrary scrawling. I loved it, so went with it.
2. What is one word that sums up the heart of your blog and why? Passion. I wanted a blog that focused on more than just my passion for writing, but on my passion for my faith, mental health, women’s rights, mission work, politics, etc.
3. What are your favorite pastimes other than blogging? Gaming, reading, photography, spending time with my hubby and with friends.
5. Which project, recipe or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself? Sadly, I haven’t been following your blog long enough to have seen any. I’m sorrryyyyyyyyyy!
6. Where does your blog inspiration come from? As with the name, and with the heart, it’s my passion to see change in this world, specifically in reference to the topics above.
7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why? It’s two, but Germany and France. My mother was from Germany, and my father’s family is Quebecois, so I would love to see the two countries that are the roots of my existence.
8. If you have children, what are there names? If not, what are your favorite girl and boy names? No kids yet, but we’re toying with some geeky names. If it’s twins (boy and girl), they’ll be named Jacen and Jaina after Han Solo and Princess Leia’s twins. Other than that, we haven’t really decided on anything. Kids are still a while off, so we’re not too worried.
9. A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it? Pay off my debts first, then put some into savings. Take the rest and give to family and friends (particularly friends that are in need), to our church, and to any other organizations we feel could really use it. Both my husband and I really have a heart for giving and have already agreed that if we ever come into a large sum of money, whether it’s through gift or income, that using it for others is the purpose for it.
10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? (Include the link!)
I can’t say I know what were the ‘best’, but these are two that I really liked. The first was ‘It’s time to start taking mental illness and suicide contagion more seriously‘ and the second, ‘A Response to Women Against Feminism‘
11. Where do you see yourself in five years time? Hopefully with a book published, one or two kids, hubby and I owning a home, and still working as a reporter for our local Newspaper.
Which Family Guy character would you be?
Definitely Meg. I am way more like Meg than any other character on that show.
Cats, Dogs, Ferrets or Tarantulas? Dogs and cats. NOOOOO SPIDERS EVVVEEERRRRR.
Do you look at your poop before you flush? Duh. Who doesn’t?
What is the bravest thing you’ve ever said to a parent? When I was struggling with my faith, asking them to back off and let me find my own way. That was hard, because they wanted me so badly to find my faith again that they were pushing church and other things on me. I wanted to get there on my own, if that was where I would be going back to.
How old were you when you had your first kiss? 17. Waste of a kiss, in retrospect.
What is your favorite milk alternative (e.g. soy, coconut, almond, etc)? Almond with coconut. I love that stuff.
What town were you born in? Town? Nope. Try metropolis. Born T-Dot girl yo! (For those unaware, T-dot is Toronto. Yup. I just called it that.)
What’s a cool fact about your ancestors (if you know)? There is a VERY good chance that my dad’s family was involved with the peasants who chased my step-mom’s family out of France (during the revolt when the poor turned on the rich). Also, my step-mom’s family ‘Motto’ that was on their coat-of-arms literally translates to ‘Don’t Touch Me’ in English.
Do you follow back everyone who follows you on Twitter? Nope. Only follow them back if I feel like they’re worth following. I’m less concerned about increasing followers through the ‘Follow me and I’ll follow you’ tactic than I am about following worthwhile accounts.
What was your most-visited internet site in 9th grade? Oh gosh. Probably Fanfiction.net and Fictionpress.com
Does your belly button ever smell weird? I don’t know, I haven’t smelled it in a long time. Maybe I should?
I’m not going to tag anyone else, but hey, I’d love to know more about YOU guys. So, if you feel so inclined, I nominate you to answer these following 11 questions in the comments below!
1. Boxers, briefs, or Saxx?
2. Favourite show to binge-watch on Netflix?
3. What is your absolute favourite meme (post here)
4. If there was a single cause you could ensure would have enough money to do their work for the rest of time, which organization and why?
5. Star Trek, Star Wars or Firefly?
6. What is your driving force in life?
7. If you could work one career, what would it be?
8. You have one day left to live; what do you do?
9. Mac or PC?
10. What is book have you read the most?
11. What was the first thing that led you to reading my blog?